IESA Activities Timeline:
- May 2012: IESA launched
- September 2014: IESA becomes founding member of GESA in association with ARE, BVES, CESA, CNESA & ESA
- June 2015: IESA participated in creation and launch of IRENA Energy Storage Roadmap at IRENA Council Meeting in Abu Dhabi
- October 2012: First IESA Tech Tour
- April 2013: 2nd IESA Technology Tour and “Energy Storage India Market Overview 2013-2020” Report released
- December 2013: 1st Energy Storage India (ESI) Conference & Expo at Mumbai with 150+ participants from 12 countries
- August 2014: Regional Seminar at Hyderabad in association with Hyderabad Battery Association
- September 2014: IESA Energy Storage Seminar at Bengaluru in association with IET
- October 2014: IESA Knowledge Forum on Energy Storage at Chennai in association with IWTMA and NIWE
- December 2014 – 2nd Energy Storage India (ESI) Conference & Expo at Delhi with 300+ participants from 15 countries.
- November 2015: IESA Round Table meeting for Local Manufacturers at Pune, Maharashtra
- December 2015: 3rd Energy Storage India (ESI) Conference & Expo at Delhi with 500+ participants from 12 countries.
- January 2016: IESA Microgrid Workshop at Pune to gather stakeholders inputs
- July 2016: IESA Energy Storage Workshop-Hyderabad organised in association with ASCI
- October 2016: IESA Energy storage Workshop-Pune organised in association with SPPU, Pune
- December 2016: India-North-East Workshop- Guwahati in association with AEDA
- January 2017: 4th International Conference & Expo on Energy Storage & Microgrids, Mumbai
- June 2013: nominated to taskforce for integration of renewable energy by CEA & MOP.
- June 2014 – IESA joins committee on “energy storage and hybrids” formed by MNRE
- March 2015: IESA- India Policy Update Bulletin started
- May 2015: IESA Policy working Group Launched
- July 2015: contributed and supported MNRE & USAID in creating an Energy Storage Roadmap for India
- March 2016: IESA submitted “Energy Storage Manufacturing Policy Recommendations” to NITI Aayog, Govt. of India
- May 2016: Stakeholders consultations for SECI’s Hybrid project at HP and Storage + Solar project at AP Tender
- June 2016: India Energy Storage Standards Taskforce created in association with UL
- Stakeholders consultation for CERC staff paper on Energy storage in association with FICCI for CERC
- Invited to be part of BIS committee for energy storage systems
- January 2014 – 1st Issues of the IESA magazine (Emerging Technology News-ETN) released
- October 2015: India Lead Acid Battery Market Landscape Report released
- “Energy Storage Technologies for Ancillary Services in India” report released with Shakti Foundation at Energy storage India, December 2015.
- “India Energy Storage Market Overview 2015-22” report released at ESI 2015.
- April 2016: Knowledge paper released on “Lead Acid Battery Recycling in India”
- November 2016: Knowledge paper released on “Energy Storage for Grid Applications”
- May 2014 – Opportunity (Tender/RFP) dashboard launched
- July 2014- organised a student competition on “Re-Imagining India’s Energy Infrastructure”.
- September 2016: Stakeholders consultations for SECI’s 300 MW solar + 30 MW of 6 energy storage projects
- August 2016: MICRO - Microgrid Initiative for Campus and Rural Opportunities launched at IIT-Bombay.
- September 2016: India Energy storage Database (IESDB) launched
- 2016: Incubator for energy storage innovation
- 2016: MoU signed with IEEMA for industrial skill development in energy storage
- 2016: Taskforce for creation of Energy Storage Standards roadmap
- 2017: CoMETS
- 2017: Ask an Expert
- 2017: E-commerce
- 2017: Global Energy Storage Index