Hands-on training on lead acid battery operation and maintenance & Li-on overview
Category : IESA Events
Indian Energy Storage space is in an interesting phase. This is the best time to enter Indian energy storage market. Indian energy sector is becoming exciting with 50 MW+ large-scale projects announced in 2016 and 2017. Apart from these tenders, various private and government bodies are going for MW level energy storage projects in India. Other application areas like electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, microgrids, telecom tower, C&I applications, solar integration, microgrids, smart grids and smart cities will be the major catalyst for energy storage adoption in India.
The battery is an integral part of the energy system. Its disruption can hinder the operation and lead to huge losses.Correct operations & Maintenance is needed to extended battery life and improve performance. The correct procedure for O&M of back up powers system are not readily available.
To overcome this challenge, IESA academy and Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering (PCCoE), one of the best engineering colleges in Pune are organizing two-day Hands-on O&M training programme on 16th & 17th March 2018 (Friday- Saturday). This workshop will provide training on operation and maintenance of lead-acid and Li-on batteries.
IESA is also working with select industry associations such as IEEMA and top research universities such as IIT Bombay, VJTI, TERI and GERMI to address the need for training and skill development for the sector, so that India can become a global hub for advanced energy storage manufacturing, operation, and maintenance by 2020.
The objective of the workshop:
India is continuously working on the adoption of renewable energy in daily life. The O&M of battery integrated rooftop solar, electrical storage for large-scale grid integrated projects requires trained human resource for successful installation & operation. The rural microgrid is also one of the major catalysts to provide energy access in India. With the growth of this industry, batteries are becoming an integral part of all these projects. Batteries are also used in power backup application in residential & commercial segments.
In the last 5 years, the evolution of E- rickshaws also increased the importance of battery in transport segment. Surprisingly, lack of knowledge on battery operation & maintenance forced the batteries to fail early and made the project unsustainable. Sometimes batteries also provide less than 50% of its cycle life in E- rickshaws application due to poor knowledge on charging and discharging pattern.
As a leading association on energy storage, IESA plans to train industry stakeholders for better operation & maintenance of batteries through IESA academy.
Key take away & benefits:
This training workshop will provide general procedures and methods of operation & maintenance of lead-acid and Li-on batteries.
- Fundamentals, selection, and sizing of energy storage technologies (batteries)
- O&M process for batteries in different applications
- Fault diagnosis and corrections
Batteries and parts needed for hands-on training program:
- How to select right type & capacity of the battery?
- Selection of correct charge & discharge, control system – Theory & Practical
- Demonstration of different types of LA batteries.
- Study of internal guts of a lead-acid industrial battery and their purpose – what part each of the components of the battery play for different. applications and how they are designed differently for each application.
- Study on different operation processes- Their advantages and disadvantages
- Practical demonstration of above operation procedures.
- How to estimate available capacity in a battery by sampling tests?
- Demonstration of Li-ion battery operations & suitable maintenance
Faculty & Trainer:
Mr. Rajarshi Sen- Technical advisor, CES & IESA
Rajarshi Sen is working as a Technical Advisor at Customized Energy Solutions since 2015 in the domain of technology & projects. He has 21 years of experience in the design, manufacturing, marketing and O&M of energy storage (battery) system and 9 years of experience in off-grid wind and solar space.
Anindita Roy, Associate Professor, Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering (PCCoE)
Li-on battery expert (To be announced)
- Microgrid and off-grid developers
- Solar developers and EPC players
- Battery room managers in Banks, Data Centers, IT offices
- Potential engineers
- Instrumentation And Control Engineers
- Power System Protection And Control Engineers
- Electric Vehicle Manufacturer and Operators
Mode of the Training Program:
- Hindi and English
Registration & Payment:
Registration fee (includes technical literature, lunch & refreshment): INR 15,000 + taxes
- IESA Member: 15% discounts
- Students: 25% discounts
Training Certificate will be provided to all the training participants.
For Registration email us at email@example.com,
Contact: Mr. Debi Prasad Dash, Mob-9699719818
1:00 AM To 5:00 PM
|Regular Fees||$ 230.77||20/20|
|Fees (IESA Member)||$ 196.15||19/20|
|Fees (students)||$ 173.07||20/20|
|Early Bird Price||$ 215.38||9/10|