This is the summary of the points discussed during the PWG conducted on the 8th of September 2022.
- Guidelines for Tariff Based Competitive Bidding Process for Procurement of Power from Grid Connected RE Power Projects for utilisation under scheme for flexibility in Generation and Scheduling of Thermal/ Hydro Power Stations through bundling with Renewable Energy and Storage power Read More
This is the summary of the points discussed during the PWG conducted on the 2nd of August 2022.
- IESA meeting with MOP Secretary and other policy makers on "IESA report on Energy Storage Vision 2030 for India"
- Parliament questions on IESA report on Energy Storage Vision 2030 for India, Lectures on international experience in Grid balancing though energy storage with Prime Ministry office and other top policy makers Read More
- CEA Draft Manual on Transmission Planning Criteria
- Draft Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (Indian Electricity Grid Code) Regulations, 2022.
- Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (Connectivity and General Network Access to the inter-State Transmission System) Regulations, 2022.
- Directions by the Commission to the Power Exchanges registered under the Power Market Regulations, 2021
- Estimation of Reserves Requirement
- IESA recommendations to SECI and Ministry of Power on the key issues related to SECI RFS for setting up of Pilot Projects of 500 MW/1000MWh tender
- IESA request to reduce GST on various equipment used in Energy Storage Systems and consider to include in the agenda for upcoming 47th meeting of the GST Council
- IESA and WBCSD – joint case studies and policy recommendations
- Draft Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to Safety and Electric Supply) Regulations, 2022
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) working under the Consumer Affairs Ministry has issued performance standards for electric vehicle batteries
- The Haryana government approved the State Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2022
On 4th June 2021, IESA had organized a close room virtual roundtable among key raw materials players, governmentRead More
Policy working group meeting- 11 June
Discussion points:Read More
7th Knowledge Series webinar on Solar + Energy Storage
With the rapid adoption of solar energy in India there is a strong need for exploring the roleRead More
Vinod Khosla is an entrepreneur, investor and technologist. In 2004, Vinod formed Khosla Ventures to focus on both for-profit and social impact investments; a firm focused on assisting entrepreneurs to build impactful new energy and technology companies. Vinod grew up dreaming of being an entrepreneur, despite being from an Indian army household with no business or technology connections. Vinod’s greatest passion is being a mentor to entrepreneurs building technology-based businesses. He is driven by the desire to make a positive impact through scaling new energy sources, achieving petroleum independence and promoting a pragmatic approach to the environment. He also is passionate about social entrepreneurship with a special emphasis on microfinance as a poverty alleviation tool. He is a supporter of many microfinance organizations in India and Africa. He also has been experimenting with innovations in education and global housing. Vinod also is a charter member of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), a non-profit global network of entrepreneurs and professionals that was founded in 1992 and has more than 40 chapters in nine countries today. He is a founding board member of the Indian School of Business (ISB). Vinod holds a bachelor of technology degree in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in New Delhi, India, a master’s degree in biomedical engineering from Carnegie Mellon University and a master’s degree in business administration from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
Rahul is involved in providing inputs for demand response, energy storage & smart grid policy to government agencies in US and India as well as has provided inputs to multilateral agencies such as IRENA, IEA & ADB. He has served as an expert evaluator for US Department of Energy for various smart grid and energy storage demonstration projects in US during 2009-12.
In 2012, Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC) nominated him as chairperson of working group on Integrating Renewable Energy Sources, Micro-Grids and Energy Storage as part of Smart Grid Coordination Committee. In June 2013, he was also nominated as member of national taskforce for integration of Electricity from renewable energy sources in the Grid during the 12th Plan by Central Electricity Authority & Ministry of Power. In May 2014, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) nominated him on the standing committee for energy storage and hybrids.
Rahul has been a speaker in 100+ international conferences during the last decade and has also authored 5 book chapters on topics covering energy efficiency, demand response and energy storage. Rahul has obtained Smart Grid Maturity Model (SGMM) Navigator certification from Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute. He holds a Ph.D. in Engineering and Public Policy from Carnegie Mellon University and also a Masters in Energy Management from New York Institute of Technology, having obtained his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli.
Rahul is President and Managing Director of Customized Energy Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. and leads the Emerging Technologies practice for Customized Energy Solutions globally with focus on energy storage, renewables, demand response and smart grid technologies as well as international markets. He is also founder and Executive Director for India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA). He served as member of the Board of Directors of Energy Storage Association (ESA) in US during 2009-15 and was elected as Secretory in 2013. He was elected as Vice Chair for Global Energy Storage Alliance (GESA) in 2014.
Gururaj “Desh” Deshpande is the President and Chairman of Sparta Group LLC, a family investment office and is also the Chairman of Tejas Networks. Dr. Deshpande has pursued an entrepreneurial career for the last three decades. He is involved either as the founder, a founding investor or chairman of several companies including Cascade Communications, Sycamore Networks, Coral Networks, Tejas Networks, Cimaron, Webdialogs, Airvana, Sandstone Capital, A123 Systems and Curata. Dr. Deshpande lives in Boston and serves as a life-member of the MIT Corporation, and his support has made possible MIT’s Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation. Deshpande co-chairs a National Council to support President Obama’s innovation and entrepreneurship strategy. Dr. Deshpande holds a B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology – Madras, an M.E. from the University of New Brunswick in Canada, and Ph.D from Queens University in Canada.