This initiative is to help the current lead acid manufacturers to improve their technology and also to diversify into newer application areas. We also organize various workshops and seminars on advanced lead acid manufacturing and also encourage tender authorities to include advanced lead acid in the technology list.
CES in collaboration with Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering set up a battery lab cum workshop at PCCOE campus, to improve the industry- institute interaction and to enhance the practical knowledge of students.
Contribution from IESA
- Provide direction to research work in line with market demand
- Support paid manpower deployment
- Bring Industrial Assignments
- Plan development of lab
- Marketing of training programs
Contribution from PCCOE
- Provide Infrastructure – Quality lab space, suitable ambiance for industrial visitors
- Multiple senior Professors’ active involvement
- Develop the lab for academic research and courses
- Generate multiple placements and internships
- Organize training programs through government funding
- Support industrial consultancy work
- Co-ordination of Add-on Courses
Benefits that can be availed by PCCOE:
- pportunity for students & professors to understand & work on actual industry requirements
- Opportunity for students & professors to learn from industry experts
- Exposure of this lab with a greater number of industries
- Opportunity to attract funding from DST as well as other Government organization showcasing the work done at the lab
- Opportunity to attract more industrial work with experience of work done at the lab
- Further opportunity for attracting any CSR funding from industries
- Additional asset to showcase in application for Autonomy set up.