Micro initiative by CES addresses the fundamental challenges faced by the developers and funding agencies by creating an ecosystem to make micro-grids sustainable and economical. Through this initiative have real time monitoring system installed at micro-grids and analytics of the archived data can be used for optimizing the life of an asset (especially batteries), Predicting failures in advance and Deriving the right cost to make such micro grids sustainable.
In 2016, we set a goal of reducing the cost of electricity from microgrids in India by 30%-50% by 2020 and have been working on bringing together various stakeholders to achieve this dream. Phase 1 of the initiative focuses on energy access for remote communities and Phase 2 will focus on the campus microgrids.
- Launched Micro portal to addresses the fundamental challenges faced by the developers and funding agencies. Visit- https://micro.ces-ltd.com/
- Partnered with European Space Agency to help improve microgrids in India through role of space based tools and satellite data.
- Published a detailed manual on Lead Acid Battery in Solar PV Plants with Clean Energy Network.
- Recipient of ISGF Innovation Awards 2019 in the category of Best Project for Household Electrification.
- Husk Power, an IESA member won 'Microgrid Company of the Year award' at India Energy Storage Week 2020.
- Working on Livelihood mission in the state of Jharkhand 2020